Good Doctors

I’ve been asked many times by my patients if I know of any good sub-speciality doctors I could recommend to them. I’ve been hearing a lot of stories from my patients, of how their previous doctors charged them an exorbitant amount of money for medical fees but was not able to deliver a good service.

In this section, I will be listing down doctors whom I’ve known (directly or indirectly), based on my own experience as well as some others, doctors who are genuinely good. By definition, good equates to good ethics, good attitude, good surgical skills and good communication skills.

Don’t get me wrong. Neither am I here to promote them nor paid by them to write them a sweet story. I’m just here to recommend those who are in search of a good sub-speciality doctor. All these write-ups are based on my own experience.  Please kindly use it with caution and do additional research too before you proceed.

Click on their names for more information. I’ll update it along the way.

1. Dr. Ngau Yen Yew (Consultant In Internal Medicine) – Kuala Lumpur General Hospital

2. Dato’ Dr. (Mrs) S. T. Kew (Consultant in Gastroenterology) – Sunway Medical Centre

3. Dr. Alvince Dev (Consultant in Obstetrician and Gynaecology)Normah Medical SC

4. Dr. Chuah Bee Poh (Consultant in Obstetrician and Gynaecology)Tung Shin Hospital

5. Dr. K.C. Wong (General Physician) – Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur

6. Dr. Cha Kar Huei (General Surgeon) – Sime Darby Medical Centre Subang Jaya

7. Dr. Ng Kwee Boon (Consultant in Obstetrician and Gynaecology)Tung Shin Hospital

8. Dr. Wong Tet Fah – Sime Darby Medical Centre Subang Jaya / Wong Eye Specialist Clinic


2 thoughts on “Good Doctors

  1. Hi
    would you know of any good breast specialist to extract out some fluid from lumps on my breast? I’ve a small tiny lump which I thought was blocked duct due to my positioning while breastfeeding asleep. This was in my first month. Now almost three months on, it’s still there. So I massaged three days ago, I suddenly had painful swollen breast, followed by a fever. The next day, I developed a big lump. Was wondering if there is any good specialist you would recommend to use a fine needle to extract off the fluid either for test (if it’s breast cancer) or just to dry away the cycst/stale milk. Help appreciated. Thanks.

    • Hi Atish,

      I suggest that you should go see a family doctor first to get the swollen breast settled as it may require a course of antibiotics. Sounds like mastitis. Subsequent follow up with the breast lump, you may want to consider see Prof. Yip Cheng Har. I’ve not had any personal encounters with her but I’ve heard good reviews about her from others.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s